The easiest way to enjoy a Biryani
Create a delicious, traditional Biryani in no time at all. This 15g pack is enough for 400g of Chicken, Lamb, Fish, Prawns or Paneer. (Serves 2)
180g Basmati Rice
2 Medium Onions
125ml Natural Yoghurt
½ Lemon (Juice)
• Parboil the rice with the lemon juice & salt to taste.
• Dice the onions & cook in some oil until golden brown.
• Add this sachet along with a splash of water. Mix well & cook for 2-3mins.
• Liquidise the tomatoes, dice the lamb & add both to the pan. Cook on medium heat until the meat is cooked through.
• Layer the rice & cooked lamb in an oven-proof dish.
• Melt the butter in a pan and add the yoghurt. Reduce for 2-3mins.
• Pour the yoghurt reduction on top of the layered biryani, cover with foil & bake for 20mins at 200°c
Spice Mix Ingredients:
Garlic, Ginger, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala, Ground Cumin, Dried Fenugreek, Ground Cardamom, Ground Mace, Green Chillies, Dried Coriander, Salt.
Photo Credit: Vegetarian Biryani by @josie.florence